Drawback is a refund of duty paid on imported products that ultimately get exported. Because Duty Drawback is a process involving the U.S. Customs Service, the process of filing for your Duty Drawback Refund needs to be accurate. As such, a company needs to choose a method of record keeping and calculating that will provide the highest level of accuracy.
Dutycalc Data Systems is the answer. Our drawback software assures complete accuracy in all your Drawback filings. By utilizing one of the three versions of Drawback.Net, our users are confident that their Drawback claims are being calculated and processed correctly. Why are they confident? Because U.S. Customs has been accepting, auditing, liquidating and paying Drawback claims processed on the System since 1981. And during this time period, not a single Dutycalc client has failed a Custom's audit!
Our drawback software solutions enable companies to:
- Increase Productivity: Reduce the time and resources required to prepare and file complete and accurate drawback claims.
- Increase Drawback Refunds: Increase the total amount of drawback refunded - by uncovering drawback that would be missed if processed manually or with homegrown solutions.
- Increase Accuracy/Reduce Audit Risk—Each regional Customs office is extremely familiar with the Dutycalc format—having reviewed and processed thousands of claims - and Customs considers it as the "standard" to follow.
Since 1981, Dutycalc clients have received more than $1 billion in drawback refunds.
Dutycalc offers three Versions of Drawback.Net. The types of drawback a company files determines the appropriate version for your company. Click here to view and print our brochures (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). Click here to view our Software Matrix, which provides you an at-a-glance look at the differences between the three versions.
- Standard Version—Handles basic to difficult drawbacks—small to large file sizes—NAFTA drawback.
- LITE Version—Handles basic drawbacks—small to medium file sizes—no NAFTA drawback.
The Standard version of our Drawback.Net system is designed for direct exporters and Customs Brokers. Key functionality includes:
- Capture of all relevant drawback data, either by manual data entry or by automated file transfer from another source.
- Processes unused and manufacturing drawback claims. Can prepare or receive Certificates of Delivery or Manufacture and Delivery. Prepares all necessary reports to substantiate drawback claims as well as historical reports for management purposes.
- Unused claims can be processed using direct product matches or via product code cross references.
- System ensures that all Customs mandated time frames are adhered to. User has the ability to further specify other limits should they be necessary.
- Manufacturing claims can also be processed using strict matching via product code cross-references or via a limitless indented bill of material list or chemical formula recipes. Normal manufacturing assembly processes can be handled by the Drawback.Net - as well as other unique types of drawback such as fabric processing with multiple products and manufacturing processes involving valuable waste.
- Substitution as well as NAFTA Direct-ID, Same Condition, and NAFTA Manufacturing with lesser of Two Duties.
- Can prepare or receive Certificates of Delivery or Manufacture and Delivery.
- Prepares all necessary reports to substantiate drawback claims as well as historical reports for management purposes.
- System ensures that all Customs mandated time frames are adhered to.
- Verification of all import and/or export data, entry numbers, dates and port codes.
- Running balances of available import quantities are also strictly maintained.
- All claims can be saved to an archive file or deleted from system.
- Ability to perform Global updates to import and/or export data.
- Ability to update manufacturing, receiving and production turnover times.
The LITE Version of Drawback.Net is designed for small to medium-size drawback programs—and can be utilized by Direct Importers and Customs Brokers. This Version allows system users to process both unused and manufacturing duty drawback. The LITE Version has the same basic functionality as the Standard Version, but is intended for drawback programs that do NOT require:
- Indented bills of material
- Scrap claims
- Acceptance of relative values
- Individual yield-assay factors for special processing for textiles, food or chemicals
- NAFTA processing
For a demonstration of Dutycalc Drawback System Version, call Dutycalc Data Systems at 530.637.1006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top
Click here for Software Features
Click here for Key Features
Click here for Advantages